Thursday, December 11, 2008

AND YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS...

THE LARGEST CAT LITTER - YIKES!

The largest recorded number of kittens born in a lifetime of fertility to a single female cat is 420! Ouch....how does this kitty girl keep her girlish figure?

DID YOU KNOW??

In an average year, cat owners in the US spend $215 billion on cat food--and $295 million on kitty litter--and that's for the cat! If the economy continues in its current trend, humans could be eating some of that premium kitty food...um, well, maybe not!

AND SPEAKING OF SUPPORTING A CAT

I live in a small apartment, which I chose mainly because they would let me have cats. Pieper and I at this point were inseparable after four years together, so this was a must! The catch (and no, it was not a mouse) was that I pay $20 a month for the privilege, which of course in my opinion was well worth it.

Then one day I noticed that my rent had gone up by another $20! They must have made a mistake...I was already paying for Pieper...had been for months...so I hurried over to the Manager's office and told her of the error on my rent bill. "Sallie," she said patiently, "it's for the covered parking." "But," I responded, "I don't have covered parking! There must be some mistake."

Sure, there was a mistake all right. Pieper apparently thought she needed a covered parking space for her pampered butt!

Cats! Can't live with them, can't live with them.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sallie That is so funny! I am glad at least you have a place that will allow your cat! :_)

Sallie said...

Yes, I am very fortunate and they think she's a kick...stalking them from the safety of her window seat...LOL...silly girl!